Study reveals: 78% of Milllennials writing a series for Netflix

Posted on May 4 2018 - 9:05am by Zac De La Vigne

Denver, Colorado – A new study by the University of Denver, Colorado, revealed that the vast majority of millennials are currently writing a series for Netflix. “It’s not surprising at all” believes Prof. Andreas Sturgeon, one of the co-authors of the study. “Every single time you chat with a millennial, he ends up telling you that he’s currently writing a new series for Netflix”.

Most interestingly, each one of the millennials can rely on “some sort of contact” with a Netflix commissioning producer.

The extraordinary thing about the research is how few the topics of the series are. “It’s mostly always the same thing, like stories of some losers in a major city trying to overcome the difficulties of being a loser in a major city, and in the end there is some small success and they are all happy as a bunch of losers in a big city”, explains Prof. Sturgeon.

Only the series written in Germany are different: in that case, the protagonist usually dies or kills himself for some futile reason.

As a motivation for writing a story, 97% of female respondents claimed that “there is no Lena Dunham figure yet in my city and I want to be her”. The remaining 3% of female respondents lives in New York City, where there is a Lena Dunham already.

Netflix plans to produce 175.342 series in 2019 in order to make room to more millennials writing series.

Related News

In “Karate Kid” remake, kid goes on Instagram instead of waxing... Hollywood, California - It was a hit in the 1980s: the story of a shy kid wanting to learn karate to overcome his limits. He is helped by an American ...
Marketers in panic: Millennials don’t use cutlery and underwear Pensacola, Florida - "As if it were not enough: they don't buy cars, they share apartments that will never buy, they don't have sex, they listen to sh...
Vegan toddlers are refusing to be breast-fed by mothers Santa Monica, LA, California - The Los Angeles hospitals are hit by a rise in starving toddlers that are refusing to be breast-fed by their mothers. ...

Leave A Response